Summer Archery Camp
There are several sessions available for an archery camp at Reagan Middle School. See the PDF file under class files for the complete brochure. This is only for 5th graders now that will be going into 6th grade next year.
Free Junior Gold Clinic
See attachment under class files.
SJHS is hosting a volleyball day camp this summer for rising 4th-8th graders. The camp is from July 22nd - 25th. See PDF file at bottom of page under files for more info.
5th grade is beginning to start an archery unit. Students will be introduced to this sport by first watching a NASP instruction video and then starting to shoot our Genesis bows. Safety is our utmost importance with this. The students really enjoy getting maybe their first time shooting a bow. If you are a parent of a 5th grader and would like to volunteer to help, please email me at email@example.com.
All 4th and 5th graders have just finished running their mile. Ask your son/daughter what their time was?
Please be sure to get a calendar from your child's teacher in regards to when PE is. It is very important that children come to PE prepared, wearing proper tennis shoes and clothing. It is an extreme safety concern and my number one priority in the gym!
How will your child be graded? Students in PE class will be graded using the following criteria:
1. Demonstrates proficiency in all movement skills and patterns and competence in several specialized movement forms. (Skilled Movement)
2. Apply movement principles and concepts to learning and developing motor skills and special zed movement forms. (Movement Principles and Concepts)
3. Achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of personal fitness. (Personal Fitness)
4. Demonstrate responsible personal and social behaviors in physical activity settings. (Responsible Behaviors)
5. Demonstrate a physically active lifestyle, including activity within and outside of the physical education setting. ) Physically Active Lifestyle)
4th and 5th grade students will be introduced and re-introduced to PE portfolios. Students will keep the portfolios here at school and revisit them throughout the year. At the end of the year students will get to bring everything in their portfolio home. Throughout the year, ask your child what kinds of things are going in the portfolios.
If your child needs to be excused from PE, he/she will need a note from home or a doctor. A parents note is only good for 3 consecutive calendar days. After 3 days, a doctors note is required. Thank you.
Class Web Pages
No "Class Homework" exist(s)